A staff member from First Truth Law will be in touch shortly to discuss your matter. In the meantime, please read the section below to prepare for your initial call and subsequent consultation by collecting information necessary to accurately answer these questions.
Questions to Be Prepared to Answer During Our Consultation
One of the most important questions we will ask is: What are your goals? It is important for us to know what your goals are so we can assess whether we can help you meet them. If we cannot help you reach your goals, we will have an honest conversation about why that is. We will also want to know other information that helps us guide you better, things like:
- Who is the potential defendant?
- What is the date of incident?
- What happened?
- What are your injuries?
- What health insurance do you have?
- Have you made previous attempts to settle your claim?
- If a death is involved, who were the deceased person’s closest family members?
- Who are the witnesses?
- Do you have any pictures, videos, text messages, voicemails, voice recordings, emails, or social media posts or messages about the incident?
- Have you given a statement to anyone else (e.g., government official, hospital employee, insurance adjuster, other attorney)?
- Have you been involved in prior accidents or had prior injuries to the same body parts?
- Have you been involved in the legal system before (civil or criminal claims)?